Posted: April 18, 2021
If you missed our panels on older adult employment, we’ve compiled video of both events here.
Who should watch:
- Older adults (50+) who are seeking employment (either currently employed or want to be)
- Organizations who serve older adults (who want to be informed as to these resources)
- Island employers
April 7 Panel:
Resources to Support Older Adult Employment
Getting older adults back into the workforce or improving their employment situation post-COVID is on the radar screen of our national, state and local governments. Come hear about what resources are available to make this a reality.
• Overview of older adult employment on the island (HAMV from Older Adult Survey Results)
• Senior Community Service Employment Program
• Mass Association of Councils on Aging – 50+ Job Seekers program
• Vocational Services for the Disabled (Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission)
April 14 Panel:
An Island Employment Overview and Upskilling Options
Learn about the “sweet spot” – what our island employers want and need… and how to upskill yourself to find the right position.
• Employment outlook for the island and what employers want and need (Chamber of Commerce)
• An introduction to ACE MV and an overview of curriculum for job seekers (ACE MV)
• Volunteerism as a pathway to employment (Americorps Senior RSVP)
• MassHire Career Centers – Jobseeker Services
Have questions about this event or want more information? Feel free to reach out to us.