Instructor: Debra Silva | RN, Health Assisting Instructor MVRHS
Partners: MVRHS, Windemere
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) are currently in high demand on Martha’s Vineyard, and the need is projected to continue through the next decade. CNAs provide an invaluable service and play an important role in caring for elderly or disabled patients. In the growing field of health care, the ability to provide compassionate, responsible assistance to incapacitated people is a needed skill. Nurse Assistants find employment in nursing homes, hospitals, and rehabilitation facilities, or as home health aides, working directly with patients and under the supervision of Registered Nurses or Licensed Nurse Practitioners. 10 students max.
6 weeks | Tue, Thu & Sat | 5-8pm (T, Th) 9am-3pm (S) | Oct 5-Nov 13 | HYBRID
Tuesdays & Thursdays (theory) is live online 5-8pm on Zoom
Saturdays (clinical & labs) is in person 9am-3pm
- Recent physical (within the last year)
- Immunization records
- TB test
- High School Diploma
- CORI (will be filed by program)
- Social Security Number
- Textbook: Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care-Long Term Care & Home Care, 3rd Ed
- Non-skid shoes or sneakers
- Watch with second hand
- FILL OUT OUR INTEREST FORM below. It’s important that everyone fills this out before registering!
(Even if you can’t take the course this semester, it helps us build our contact list for future CNA & healthcare offerings.)
- REGISTER FOR THE COURSE. Payment is required at time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Please email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before Oct 5
Have questions? Want to know more before you sign up?
See scholarship opportunities for this course
View the presentation from our info session