Speechcraft: Public & Persuasive Speaking is an IN-PERSON* workshop designed to develop your presentation skills. You will learn through practice and by studying the materials provided. You will gain confidence in all aspects of communication, including written and impromptu speeches, body language and listening. The skills gained through Speechcraft will benefit you at home and at work -- every conversation at home will be more fun and productive. On the job, you will be able to communicate better with your employer, associates and customers.
Speechcraft will improve your performance in:
- Conducting and participating in business meetings
- Motivating people
- Interviewing for jobs
- Selling ideas or products
- Solving problems
Session activities and topics will include: evaluation of present speaking skills, selecting a speech topic, how to introduce a speaker, “ice breaker” speeches, how to organize a speech, “get to the point” speeches, gestures, “your body speaks” speeches, vocal variety, and more.
This class is for:
• Anyone with an upcoming speaking engagement
• Consultants, experts and entrepreneurs who strive to more effectively share their knowledge
Instructor: Cheryl Burns of Martha's Vineyard Toastmasters
- *This class is scheduled to be IN PERSON, but may be moved online due to Covid. If that is the case, students will be contacted as early as possible.
- If minimum enrollment is not met, courses may be postponed to a later date or cancelled. Students will be notified of postponement or cancellation at least 3 hours before course begins.
- By submitting payment for our courses, you agree to ACE MV's TERMS OF REGISTRATION.