Do you need Food Safety manager-level certification for your workplace? Get in-classroom training plus exam proctoring by a ServSafe®-certified instructor -- right here on Martha's Vineyard!
- Instructor led classroom training & proctored exam
- Free study guide and practice tests
- Get your certificate instantly after the exam
This class is for:
- Restaurant kitchen managers and PICs (Persons In Charge) who need first time certification or renewal
- If you’re not sure whether you are required to have Manager certification, please call your local Board of Health
Dates: Saturday May 7, 9am-1pm AND Saturday May 14, 9am-1pm*
*please allow for more time on May 14 for the exam that begins at 1pm
Before coming to class, students must:
- Students seeking NEW certifications must attend both dates.
- Students seeking certification renewals must attend the second date, but are encouraged to attend both dates for a full refresher.
- pick up the textbook & materials (we will contact you via email with pickup dates and location)
- create or verify an account on the ServSafe website (do NOT buy a voucher for an exam, it is included in the price of this class)
- pre-register on this website! (no walk-ins permitted)
Please bring to class:
- your ServSafe User ID and password
- a laptop or tablet for the test (smartphone is also acceptable, but larger screen is recommended). Computers may be available, but not guaranteed.
Other important notes:
- The price of this course includes the cost of course materials, exam and 8 hours of in-person training.
- Students seeking their first certification must attend both dates.
- Students seeking renewals must attend the second date, starting at 9am. (However we encourage everyone to attend both dates for full refresher).
- The proctored exam begins at 1pm on the second date.
- A passing grade is not guaranteed. Re-tests can be arranged with the instructor for an additional fee of $70 (paid to instructor).
- Students (both new and renewals) are much more likely to pass the exam if they: attend both dates, read the course materials and take practice tests.
- This course is for the ServSafe Manager certification, not the basic Food Handler certification. Managers are Persons in Charge in restaurants, commercial kitchens, and grocery delis, etc.; Food Handlers sell pre-prepared food and run farmstands, etc. We offer a Food Handler course as well. To find out which certification you need, please check with your local board of health.
About the instructor
Alice Robinson is a longtime educator, food specialist and licensed ServSafe® instructor and proctor. She graduated from Syracuse University and is certified in Home Economics Education. She has been employed as home economist for UMASS/Dukes County Cooperative Extension, health grants coordinator for the MV public schools, science assistant teacher and Family & Consumer Science teacher. She has been teaching food safety on Martha’s Vineyard since 1989.
By registering for this in-person class, registrant and attendee are agreeing to comply with the mask policies of the town, state and venue hosting this course. At present, masks are not required but are encouraged.
If you have any questions, please contact us.