CAREER READINESS SERIES FOR 18-26 YEAR-OLDS
Instructors: Lisette Williams, ACE MV | Sonja Josephson, MVPCS
Made possible by a grant from Santander Bank, this 4-week suite of classes is free to Island 18-26 year olds — and open to 27+ for a small fee per class.
Parents: In the near future, ACE MV will be partnering with MVRHS to bring this course to high school students, please look out for notices in the MVRHS newsletter.
Goal Setting & Career Exploration
10/5/21 - Tuesday - 6:30pm-8pm
Learn what goes into setting career goals and exploring different types of careers
Resume & Cover Letter Writing
10/12/21 - Tuesday - 6:30pm-8:30pm
Learn tips and tricks to make your resume and cover letter stand out and learn how to use keywords
Professional Online Presence & Professional Communication
10/19/21 - Tuesday - 6:30pm-8:00pm
Learn about Linkedin, writing professional emails, and have a professional photo taken
10/26/21 - Tuesday - 6:30pm-8:30pm
Learn to be your best self during an interview and run through short mock interviews
4 WEEKS | TUESDAYS | 5:30-7PM | OCT 5-OCT 26 | FREE*
If you are 18-26 years old (as of Oct 5, 2021) you may attend this program for free.
If you are 27 or over, you can join any one class for $10 or all 4 for $35.
If you are a parent of a student of MVRHS 17 and under, please note that there will be a free course run for students there. If your child is not a student of MVRHS, please contact us before signing them up for this class.
- This class is currently set to meet IN PERSON. Town and venue mask mandates must be observed by all students. Non-compliant persons may be dismissed from class.
- Format (in person or online) is subject to change due to Covid transmission rates on the island. Students will be notified of any format changes via email.
- In the event that this course is moved to a LIVE ONLINE format, students will need access to a reliable computer and internet connection for the duration of the course. A Zoom account is not necessary. Zoom invite will be emailed to students at least 1 hour before each class begins. Invite may come from instructor or ACE MV.
- If minimum enrollment is not met, courses may be postponed to a later date or cancelled. Students will be notified of postponement or cancellation at least 3 hours before course begins.
- By submitting payment for our courses, you agree to ACE MV's TERMS OF REGISTRATION.
For assistance with registration, please feel free to contact us.